This is our milk barn. I am so glad we no longer milk cows; a really cold job on days like today!
I stamped the cherries from Tart and Tangy onto GP white cardstock using Stazon Blazing Red and SU Garden Green. I used the 1 3/8" punch to punch them out and mounted them on red cardstock circles using the 1 3/4" punch to punch the red circles. The sentiment is from Riveting stamped in ColorBox Chalk Blackbird ink, punched out and layered on a red circle. I used Scotch Foam Pop-Up circles to mount them on the black and white striped paper from Paper Studio.
Found two down to earth recipe sites this week. Several recipes I want to try. Cooking with Kay and Mennonite Girls Can Cook
Off to pay some bills and do some tax stuff!
Edited to add: Colleen asked about February being National Cherry Month. I am not sure why but cherries are traditionally associated with Valentine desserts and with two presidents: Washington and Lincoln. I thought this was interesting: Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin in Kentucky on February 12, 1809.[5] This is what he was perhaps best known for until his frustration with the quality of children's toys of the era caused him to design his own miniature construction set at the age of five. These Lincoln LogsTM allowed young Abraham to build increasingly elaborate and extravagant models of single-room log cabins. His father, Thomas Lincoln, disapproved of these outlandish notions and went about setting Abraham straight immediately. One legendary anecdote from Lincoln's early life was that of the cherry tree growing alongside the Lincoln family log cabin. One day, young Abraham chopped down this tree using an axe. When his father accused him of chopping down the tree, Abraham advanced on him and brandished his axe threateningly. Since he avoided punishment and achieved his goal of cutting down the insolent cherry tree without lying, he earned the moniker "Honest Abe".


7 comments:
Bev, that's so thoughtful of you to send a card to Cindy's niece. And I didn't know that February is National Cherry month; do you think it's because it's also heart month, and they look kind of like cherries?
I like your three-in-a-row circles, and I've *always* loved the Tart n Tangy set!
A very cute card! I love scrapbooking, but never got the hang of making cards. It's perfect. :)
Your milk barn looks a little more modern than our 1950's style did. I think of that often during this cold, cold weather. Thank you Lord we are not milking a bunch of cow! I think of those who are and sympathize with them deeply.
Lovely card and a nice thing you all are doing for Cindy's niece.
We are -10 too.
Hi Bev! Thanks for popping in to say Hello this morning. Have had a fun time browsing your blog and enjoying all your winter pics! We have had little or no snow here in Oregon this year...can't believe it as we are usually buried! Oh well, I will take it LOL! Fun cherry card too...I love anything to do with cherries, I have a card in the works too!
You mean you haven't converted your milk barn to a stamping studio yet??? (lol) We still have some dairy farms here in NJ, but they're slowly becoming horse farms instead. Dairy farming is a tough life--no days off, not even in the cold! There are 3 farms on my street: 2 beef cattle and 1 alpaca; and I appreciate having them so close by. You don't usually think of NJ as being rural, so it's a wonderful privilege to live in such a beautiful area.
Thanks for posting the picture of all your snow--we have it too! (no surprise...) Temps in the 40's are expected the rest of this week, so I look forward to having the ice out of our driveway SOON!
like the card and pic.
me
Your snow picture is sooo pretty, Bev....it's too bad that cold weather goes along with the snow!! I love your cherry card, too...I had no idea it was National Cherry Month!!! Thanks for the recipe links...I'm always on the lookout for new recipes!!!
Post a Comment