Sunday, March 28, 2010

SPRING WILDFLOWER

Early spring wildflowers are beginning to make their welcome appearance.  I have a transplanted Dutchmen's Breeches blooming beside my dining room window.  If you will look close the flowers do somewhat resemble the puffy breeches of Dutch boys.  The foliage for this plant is the ferny looking leaves; the other foliage is columbine and hyacinth leaves. This photo is from last year as this year's bloom isn't fully opened yet.
My daughter and I took a backroads drive today looking to find what wildflowers are in bloom.  Not much in bloom as yet, but soon!!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful photo. I have no Dutchman's Breeches here. The foliage is as pretty as the flower. I always love all the greens in the garden, with their different shapes, shades, and textures.

LeAnne said...

I have never seen these, only read about them...how cool! Nothing is up and blooming in my pitiful garden yet!