Friday, March 12, 2010

A FAIRY TALE

Today's F4A3 Free For All on SplitCoastStampers is Fairy Tales. We were to make a card based on a fairy tale.  I couldn't think of any stamps I had but happened to think of this paper after I read Anne's grandson's version of the Princess and the Pea on her blog.  http://www.inkinginred.blogspot.com/ So Thanks Anne, your blog post jogged my memory that I had this Sweet Little Pea dp from ProvoCraft. My card is to depict the reward of a happy marriage beween the prince and the princess. I cut the paper so little sweet pea could be my sentiment. Used a round and a round scalloped punch for one of the little pods and popped it up on dimensionals. The embossing along the side is made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The card base is Stampin' Up Bashful Blue; my camera shot it a little on the green side.  Another baby card for my stash!  Here is the completed card:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card, love that paper and especially love that embossed strip on the side, it adds just the right touch to this card.
Patty

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Bev, I know I commented on your card at SCS, but I wanted to thank you for linking my blog for the funny story!! I hope others will get a chuckle out of it too. I'm so glad I helped to give you this inspiration.......such a darling card!!! Well done!

Corie said...

Ahhhhh this is so precious

Niki Estes said...

Oh, this is so cute, Bev!