Sunday, April 28, 2013

LOOKING FOR SPRING

Like most of you we have been having a slow start to spring although the next two days are supposed to be near 80-way to hot for me and this time of year.  We have been having lots of rain which is a really good thing for the grass and plants.

I have been trying to get most of the weeds out of the flower beds so I can get some mulch down.  My oldest daughter is helping me as she is opening a perennial nursery in our milk barn-fittingly called Milk House Perennials.  Her opening date is May 11 so lots to get done.  She will be selling hardy perennials-hosta, daylilies, ferns and other perennials.  We will also be having a Daylily Bloom Fest Open Garden from June 15 through July 20th. The business will then close for the summer to re-open in the fall.

Haven't done much card making but needed a baby card for a shower so made this one and put a gift card inside-simple.


I used SU Pretty in Pink for the base card.  Used a SU scallop punch in white for the baby cutout.  The cutouts were made using a Cuttlebug machine and a Provo Craft Baby die cut set.  Like using this set for baby cards as there is a good selection of dies.  The bottom was trimmed with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Will be back with more later.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

It's so good to see you back, Bev! Love the baby card! Those are some gorgeous lilies at the top of your blog! Best of luck to your daughter on her new venture!

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Bev! I thought maybe you had given up on your blog. I was a little out of touch for a while, too. It's good to see you back. I love baby cards and this one is a cutie with those sweet die cuts and punched border. Good luck to your daughter with her nursery venture. It sounds like fun. I'm a little late, but I'm sorry to hear your beautiful Lady passed in the fall. I'm sure you're completely in love with Jack by now. You've given him a good home on the farm.

Lindsay Weirich said...

very pretty, sometimes clean and simple is best!