Saturday, October 6, 2012

POTPOURRI

Back to blogging.  I was down for most of the long, hot summer with shingles but feeling much better now so have a few things to share today. 

We lost our border collie dog, Lady, who is my profile picture.  We now have a new border collie named Jack.  He turned 3 on September 1 and now has a special place at our house. He  loves for you to throw him a frisbee or a tennis ball everytime you go outside!  He is full of energy and I haven't caught him down long enough to take a picture of him.  My daughter did get this head shot of him
.


I have been doing some stamping again and like this Christmas card I made last week.  When Vicki (VDM)on Splitcoaststampers posted this card I was smitten.  When I commented liking the embossing folder and the sentiment she kindly embossed some cardstock and stamped off some sentiments and sent to me.  Thanks again, Vicki .  Here is Vicki's card:



and here is the card I made using the embossed panel and the sentiment.  The cardstock is white but has a pink cast in the photo.


The bloom in the garden was about half what it usually is due to the drought and heat.  I still have one daylily, named DOUBLE PASSION,  blooming, but the colder weather will soon end all that.


The Knockout roses were the best bloomers in my yard this year and since the rains have really kicked it up a notch.  I have single red, single and double pink and single yellow.  Will try to get  some pictures before the frost gets them

Today is World Cardmaking Day to may try to make a card after lunch.

12 comments:

gld said...

Bev, I am sorry to hear about the shingles. I have never had them but our son did and he said it was the worst pain he ever had...of course, he has never had a baby!

Hope you are back to full speed now.

The card is very special. I like the embossed stock very much.

Things here were pretty disappointing yard and gardenwise this year too.

I may email you about the dog....we lost our dog this summer too and are thinking about getting another.

gld said...

Forgot to tell you how pretty the double daylily is. I think I just have one double, Double Joann.

Anonymous said...

Love the card.
What a dog.

Bonnie said...

Hi Bev. It was so nice to hear from you today and gave me a good excuse to come check on you. Sorry you had shingles. I hear that's bad stuff. Love that lily. Pink lilies are not common and make then extra special. Your card is gorgeous! How special for Vicki to send you the embossing and sentiment. Jack looks sweet and I'm sure gives you lots of pleasure. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Facebook takes a [url=http://www.nodepositbonus.gd]blackjack[/url] game on 888 casino deal: Facebook is expanding its efforts to put real-money gaming to millions of British users after announcing a stance with the online gambling cast 888 Holdings.And Bye.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/ed_reed_jersey_super_bowl]Ed Reed Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/cary_williams_jersey_super_bowl]Cary Williams Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/david_akers_jersey_super_bowl]David Akers Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/]Nike Patriots Super Bowl Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/dennis_pitta_jersey_super_bowl]Dennis Pitta Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.footballfalconsproshop.com/roddy_white_jersey_super_bowl]Roddy White Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk casino bonus[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]las vegas casino[/url] unshackled no store bonus at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]bay take note of casino
[/url].

Anonymous said...

|
|
Present the operator (or manager) with a 7x9 Fesigner plaque which incluFes their company symbol anF iFentiFy engraveF on it, in conjunction with worFing that greatest Fescribes the appreciation awarF. IF you Fo not at the moment have their branF on File, you are able to get it pretty very easily by seeking the internet For logos & clip art, one particular great source is LogoFax.com. AFFitionally, create For them a iFentiFy baFge that also has their title anF logo on it.

Lindsay Weirich said...

your garden is lovely, I am looking forward to spring! to answer you question on my blog making the ink daubers was simple, take a doll type clothespin and place a bit of cotton (from a cotton ball) on top and then put a square of white fun-foam (about a 3" square with notches cut on each side so it will have room to fold down over the sides and then secure with a rubber band.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://longchampsoldesk.xanga.com/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] The regions of games and sports and also of performing arts have already been won by laptops. This has forced the companies producing laptops to invest more for its updating. The result is encouraging. Proper laptop ergonomics will help a user prevent common musculoskeletal problems in the neck, back, arms, wrists and shoulders. The screen should be kept between 18 and 30 inches from the body and the keyboard must be positioned so that the wrists lie straight The Latest Mulberry Walter Briefcase Light Coffee for Men,Mulberry Outlet UK Store provide cheap Mulberry handbags. with the forearm bones. Angle the screen so that the neck and head are at a neutral position..
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.blog.fc2blog.net/]sac longchamp[/url] I kept some Euro bills in my pants pocket for small souvenirs and snacks so I didn't have to dig for my wallet. The large compartment held my Italian phrase book, mobile phone, a handful of personal items (chapstick, hand sanitizer, etc) PLUS my Canon digital SLR with the lens attached. When I was deciding what bag to purchase, I What do you think of when you hear the name Mulberry Women's Smaller Bayswater Printed Leather Shoulder Brown Bag Fashion Quality Timeless Elegance Long recognized as a trend setter in the world of high fashion. couldn't determine the exact size differences between the 100 and 200 so I ordered both with the intention of sending one back.
[url=http://saclongchampa.angelfire.com/]sac longchamp[/url] Christian Dior has actually been eye-catching all of the intellects of favor mindful persons while it start through the use of it's actually developer garments, footwear, capped teeth, bag, clutches, diamond jewelry thus several finishing touches. It will have systematically transmitted frontward a legacy of music conceptualised using it is actually cherished teacher, Stacee Dior, that widely known perfect, who actually found through an premature the passing away in the year '57. Joseph Dior Designer handbags, recently, now have tremendous addict future, as a most of the professional styles and designs, formulation also good quality content... Women usually carry a number of things while travelling or moving anywhere out of their homes and the 'handbags Coveted Mulberry Outlet Standard Alexa Leather Satchel Camel Bag in cheap price and latest fashion and style for need' were soon replaced by the 'handbags for fashion need'. Hermes handbags, a loved designer handbags brand, makes a woman complete her fashion statement and lets them pair the handbags with their outfits with the availability of unique and exclusive designs. Most of the women are fashion buffs and replicating the fashion of their actors and celebrities is most likely a hobby of them.

Anonymous said...

Certainly. I agree with you.
I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM.
You Exaggerate.
I am sorry, that has interfered... I understand this question. Let's discuss. Write here or in PM.
What words...

[url=http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13856343-how-you-can-place-an-imitation-lv-bag][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://mvpmichaelkors2.blog.fc2blog.net/blog-entry-1.html][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiww.sport.fr/2013/01/21/the-most-recent-mulberry-handbags-retail-on-sale-cost-rich-in-quality/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.shenenmaoyizzz.350.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyizzz.blog.hr/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]