Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ONE-LAYER WEDNESDAY 22

The challenge for the OLW 22 (one-layer-Wednesday) Challenge is to make a one layer card and keep embellishments to a minimim.  You can check out the details HERE.  We were to make a card expressing gratitude to any mother.  I made mine in memory of my mom who loved flowers and nature. 

My card uses Stampin' Up Night of Navy cardstock  and I stamped the Stampendous Agapanthus stamp using SU Whisper White ink. I added two stick on pearls and the sentiment is a stamp from SU Small Script set.  I lined the inside with white cardstock to write my message on.

13 comments:

Tiya-B said...

what a stunning card, an outstanding tribute to your mom.

Susan said...

What a gorgeous image. I love that you embossed it, and it really pops on that blue.

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous CAS design, Bev...the white flowers on the blue background looks sooo beautiful!!!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!

Tina said...

What an elegant looking card :)

Robyn said...

Really LOVE your card ! TFS!

Robyn said...

...AND your garden!!

gld said...

Bev, that's a beautiful card and grateful says it all.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bev, I love that you put this on a twilight blue cardstock; it's a hushed, quiet kind of thank you card, which is so perfect for a mother. Beautiful.

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love the white flower silhouettes on the blue cardstock. Perfect CAS card!

Deborah Frings said...

This is beautiful - really elegant. And one of my favourite stamps too.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Simply beautiful! Very striking card!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful! I love the white on navy and that stamp is so pretty!