Here is the plot weeded, some tomatoes planted and caged and the Peony Sorbet blooming. Will post some closeup shots of the peony. That dirt you could dig into with your hand, really loose and nice. Someone had told Leon about using landscape weed block. Supposed to suppress weeds but let light and water through. I usually just use newspaper and mulch but will see how this works. After it is all planted will throw some mulch on the landscape fabric.
I have a few more tomatoes to put in the ground along with some pepper plants and maybe a zucchini plant although a friend of my daughters told her she had planted squash for me. Since my space is small and zukes take up a lot of room I may forego the squash. I want to transplant some walking onions into this space as well. I have a package of Bright Lights Swiss Chard I think I will put around the edge-something I have never grown so will be new to us.
PEONY SORBET
This is the first year Sorbet has bloomed nicely since being transplanted. I think it also liked the hay and manure addition.






7 comments:
love the color sister
I am so envious of your beautiful peony!! Just this morning I was looking around to get some information about ordering some, so that I could plant them this fall. I have wanted some for a long time. I told Mitch I knew what our fall project was going to be. His dad used to have some and when we were dating he would always bring me nice, big bouquets. All your flowers look so pretty! Love, Dawn
Bev, good luck with the new ground! I am currently planting in a new plot where we dumped waste hay and the manure from the dairy for 10 years. It looks good too!
I love the Sorbet peony.
Looks like somebody has a lot of yard to mow!
glenda
Bev, I can almost smell the perfume of the peony. It looks really good there. I've got to come and tour your yard and garden...do I have to have an appt.????
Beautiful flowers! I live in Chicago....so are flowers here are a bit limited! : )
Thanks for the comments everyone. It has started off a good year for flowering shrubs and perennials. I so enjoy working outside but sure can't do what I once did-no stamina- which really gets to me-and I have downsized! Guess I need to cut back some more! No appointments necessary but you might want to call to see if I am home. I enjoy visitors, when I have the weeds pulled. :>)
Wow love your garden... I wish I could get to work on mine... I too love gardening!! Hugs always! G
Post a Comment