Saturday, August 27, 2011

POTATO VINE GONE WILD!

Been having some really nice weather.  Almost 8" of rain for the month and cooler temps-88 degrees today- but the clincher is-little humidity!  I can take the hot temps a lot better when the humidity is low.  Ragweed pollen count must be really high. My throat feels sore and scratchy after being outside!  A good excuse to stay inside and piddle.  :>)

While out I watered some flowers.  That is one potato vine in the pot along with rubrum grass.  The vine covered up some other plants I had in there-I guess all that hot weather is to his liking!! Sun Coleous is in the other two pots-one to each pot.

 While out I also picked some small, scrappy tomatoes.  Still have some blooms and a few green ones left.

 Made cards for two challenges this week-been awhile since I had played in the challenges.  When I first joined Splitcoaststampers I did several each week and really enjoyed them-learned several techniques and tips as well. 

 This card was for the TLC339 challenge.  We were asked to look for the first card we put in our Favorites Folder on Splitcoaststampers and do a similiar card.  Mine was from 2005, a favorite card by Sharon Harnist.  Where I used the floral designer paper Once Upon A Springtime by Graphic 45, Sharon had stamped toile flowers.  She also did the faux linen technique and I used the Stampin' Up Linen background stamp and stamped on my card.  I still like Sharon's card and was happy with mine as I like the coral colors! 

This card was for the MMTPT160 challenge to use birds on our card.  We are to send our cards to a lady who is having health problems if we want to.  Mine will be in the mail Monday. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards!!!

DK said...

I love your planters, especially the coleus. I've been struggling with my potted garden in all the heat this year and I didn't even attempt tomatoes again after all the problems I had with bugs last year.

gld said...

The cards are wonderful as always.

8 inches! I am in envy. I knew you all southeast were getting more than us, but I had no idea how much. That should really boost the pastures.

The potted plants look like they are enjoying the weather!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The tomato vine is doing great! And your cards are beautiful. Am missing my homegrown tomatoes this year. Yours look good for this time of year.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful cards! Your plants look wonderful and those tomatoes too tasty!

Joan Ervin said...

Your foliage is beautiful, Bev...so green and healthy!!! Mine looks a little burnt on the edges from the heat!! I love both of your cards, too...love the pretty paper on the first and your little bird image is just tooo cute!!!

Bonnie said...

I love, love, love the first card! The paper and colors are so pretty and I love the embossed oval framing the floral image! The second card is really cute and perfect for a get well. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Chris' Daylily Adventure said...

We had a PV last year that invaded a 40 foot area

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hello Bev. :) I have two Sweet Potato Vines this year, still growing. They're about the only annual that looks good today, after a very dry hot summer, and then a deluge of rain with Hurricane Irene and this current band of storms. 4" of rain dropping on us over a 2 day period! The ground is already super soaked, prior to this 4". Yikes. I keep asking God to send some of this to Texas.

On to your cards. I loooove that first one you did, based on a Sharon Harnist card. Funny, I have a bunch of her early cards in my Faves Folder on SCS too! And the little bird with touchable tail feathers in card #2 is so sweet.

LeAnne said...

That Sweet Potato vine is gorgeous. I didn't plant any this year but I think I will next year as they are so vivid! TFS the pictures of your flowers---right now there is so much rain here the flowers are wet and bedraggled....and I want to climb the walls!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Your coleus and potato vine are gorgeous! I can't seem to grow either here. Not warm enough, I guess. Yours are sure thriving! Love, love your cards, too! The Linen stamp is a favorite, still. I'll make a point of bringing that out again soon.