Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MID SUMMER BLAHS

I attended a bridal shower Sunday afternoon and needed a card for a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift card I had bought. 
 I went with her colors-gold, yellow and rust.  I stamped the Stampendous Apaganthus Cluster stamp in Really Rust ink direct on the gold cardstock.  I used yellow Stickles on the flower centers and the small punched (Martha Stewart punch) butterflies.  I scored a line along the side and added some rust buttons punched using the Sizzix Buttons #5 die.  I added rust thread through the buttonholes. Used the large and small SU oval punches for the sentiment. 

GARDENING: Most of my clematis were pretty this year and I still have two with a few blooms which is pretty good with the lack of rain and intense heat we are having.


 The two photos above are Comtesse de Bouchaud taken earlier and it is one that still has a few blooms left.

 Clematis Gillian Blades blooms early.

 Niobe was really pretty but is done blooming now. Love the reddish color of this one!

 The President was also a pretty bloomer but has finished. 

 Polish Spirit, the purple in the above photo, bloomed really well and still has a few blooms. One of my favorites and has smaller sized blooms.

 Ville de Lyon has always been one of my best blooming, and favorite, clematis.  So disappointed this year-great foliage but very little bloom!  Usually a fairly early and long bloomer!

Hagley Hybrid above in a earlier photo, was another one that didn't bloom well this year.  Will wait and see what next year brings!!

Watered tomatoes this morning and brought in a few ripe ones.  Rain and some cooler weather would sure be nice!!  Looking forward to fall already!

9 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Midsummer beauties, those clematis. The daylilies in the previous post are marvelous, too.

gld said...

Beautiful clematis. I do love them!


Mid Summer Blahs....that describes it perfectly.

Window On The Prairie said...

You have so many Clematis. I've always wanted one, but haven't gotten around to buying and planting one. My garden is so full now. Beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is sooo pretty, bev, and what a great idea to use her wedding colors!!! I love your beautiful clematis plants, too...WOW!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, look at all those gorgeous Clematis! Amazing they're doing so well in such heat. The rest of the country is really suffering in that heat. Here, we feel fortunate to get in the 70s. I'm so glad you shared the photos. You know how I love anything garden. Lovely card, too! Sounds like fall colors. That agapanthus stamp is so pretty.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bev, I just sigh when I look at the photos of your garden. I really wish I could have a real life tour! LOL I am jealous that you have so many clematis, and that you had blooms this year. I have one plant, and obviously it is not happy in its location. I've had as many as *5* blooms on it some years, but this year - zip, zero. What are your secrets?? I know they like their heads in the sun, and feet in the shade.

Sparkly Pink Star said...

love your card...and the flowers!

Niki Estes said...

Great CAS card, Bev! I love seeing the photos of all of your flowers. They are so pretty!

Joan B said...

what a great card and your flowers are amazing.