We have four weddings in the family this summer. This is a card I made to send to one great niece who is getting married Saturday. No stamping but lots of embossing.
The photo below is the patio bed that runs along our dining room window. The steps at the far end lead up to the covered back porch. Ferns, bleeding heart, columbine, astible, heucheras and variegated Jacob's Ladder are crammed in that space . A brunnera 'Jack Frost' came today. I had ordered it from a sale Bluestone Perennials is having and hope I can find room for it in this bed. The heucheras (coral bells) on the far end are some I bought un-named at a garden club sale years ago. They like their spot and I like their frothy blooms.
Below is a closer look at the un-named coral bells.





6 comments:
Bev, I would bet all of the iris are heirloom iris. You might check pictures at Argyle Acres website under heirlooms. They are my favorite types.
The card is gorgeous!
Would you believe, I am watering up in north country!
Anna's chickens are really something.....we just bought 20 chicks and will get more this month. They are fun to watch and hopefully, we will have some eggs soon!! I love your pretty card...all the different textures give it such an elegant look!!! I love all your flowers, too...you might want to go to the National Iris Society's site. They have many pictures of different ones with the names and growers.
Glenda and Joan--Thanks for the comments and for giving me some info on finding names for the iris.
Bev, I LOVE that white on white card you made!! It gives me such inspiration. :) Hope you don't mind if I semi CASE it sometime, giving you proper credit of course. ANd thanks for showing us pix of your lovely garden. I can tell it brings you such pride. ANd those chickens -- too cute! THanks for sharing about them.
Thank you for the garden photos, Bev! I have similar coral bells, long blooming and very showy. Also planted a Jack Frost in a pot this spring after my hubby trampled the one in a bed while he was removing a sick fuchsia. Hopefully it will be safe from marauding husbands and golden retrievers. Your card is beautiful! I just love all the white on white with the contrasting textures. Gorgeous!
Dear Bev,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com
Post a Comment