Sunday, June 12, 2011

SUNDAY SPECIALS

The daylilies are beginning to pop.  Here are a few select photos of some daylilies that are blooming today.

 Bridal Suite (Hanson C. '88) is one great daylily.  She is just loaded with scapes, buds and blooms.  One of my favorites.
 Little Maggie (Williamson '81) is a shorter daylily and makes a beautiful bouquet when in full bloom!
Shari Harrison (McKinney '75) is a different color-violet purple and a very pretty bloom.  I need to move her as she is behind Bridal Suite which is much taller and hides her.  Always rearranging to do in the garden.
 I have grown Serpentine (Wild '84) for a very long time.  A very good daylily-never fails to perform.  I love her coloring-a rose bitone.
 Ming Porcelain (Kirchhoff '82) is another great daylily that I have grown for a long timeThis photo is of her blooming in shade.  I also have her in a sunny bed.  Beautiful porcelain texture.
Leebea Orange Crush (Gates 78)  Here is a bright one for you and another favorite daylily of mine-and another one that really performs well.
 Siloam Double Classic (Henry '85) is another one I have grown for a long time and another favorite.  Most always blooms double except maybe for her first bloom.  Gorgeous pink!
Finally here is a card I made some time ago with the Siloam Double Classic photo. 
I printed the photo on Georgia Pacific white cardstock, layered on Wild Wasabi cs and Pretty in Pink cs. Added a pink and white checked ribbon and a sentiment in Wild Wasabi  as I needed a sympathy card.

Will add some more photos later-take care-really has been hot already here in SW Missouri. 

6 comments:

gld said...

Bev, that card may be the prettiest so far. The pinks are a perfect match.

I take notes when you talk about daylilies! I planted Indian Giver near Hyperion in a new oval front bed that also has a viburnum and a hydrangea(I think).

You must have been getting more rains than I. The daylily foliage looks so good. I haven't watered mine like I should and it shows.

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word, Bev...your daylillies are sooo gorgeous!!!! I had no idea they came is pinks...I have some yellow ones that were really pretty last year but the new lawn man thought they were weeds and wacked them all off before they bloomed this year...my DH got an ear full that day...LOL!!! Your card is beautiful, too!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, Bev, those daylilies are amazing! My in-laws have friends who used to belong the Daylily Society (I'm sure that's not the correct name) and were on its board. They had a fantastic garden of daylilies and other flowers on Long Island NY. Now, they're in Florida and not growing so many daylilies. It's a real treat to see yours!

Anonymous said...

Bev, I love, love, love all the pictures of the flowers...I'm so jealous of all the pretty cards you make....

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Bev, you have some really beautiful daylilies! The double pink is just fabulous, how long does it bloom? And your cards you make are really nice. I am putting your blog in my sidebar, I don't know how I've been missing your posts. It's really hot and humid as I write this, hope we escape the dreaded storms. ~Cheryl

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhhhhh, gorgeous! The Siloams are some of the most beautiful daylilies, I think. What a gorgeous card you made with the photo. Truly delightful with all the sweet pink.