Saturday, August 28, 2010

HAPPY EVERYTHING

This card is for the Inspiration Challenge 247 at Splitcoaststampers. Enjoyed looking through the modcloth.com site especially the vintage section-bathing caps no less!

I took my colors from a cape I found on the site-it doesn't want to link to the site for some reason.


We have friends who celebrate their birthdays and anniversary all in the same week. This card will go to them. I tried to make it gender neutral and was happy with the outcome.



I stamped the 'happy' sentiment on GP white and matted it with a brown cs then put it on the Basic Grey sugared stripe panel. I took a small notecard and stamped 'everything' on it and will glue it to the inside of the card, then write my note on the inside of the notecard.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate the comments you leave!

5 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Simply perfect! Love your colour choices!

Michele Kovack said...

Love it!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty birthday card, Bev...the colors are beautiful and I love how you created the sentiment!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Blog, but not so easy to write a Comment....I had to block ALL my security before I was allowed to Comment, so maybe others have the same difficulty? Anyway, it was worth it, if only to see your wonderful garden-header and all your great photography. Your masculine card is so perfect, gonna go look at all your others when I get through fixing The Boss breakfast. We're both 75, married 55 years, so you know our routines are set in stone and meals happen ON TIME in the land of "Male Chauvinist pigs". He's a darling, but not exactly when he's hungry and I'm "foolin' around" on the computer. :-)

Niki Estes said...

What a great CAS design! The distressing is the perfect finishing touch.