Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FRIENDS

Daylilies make good companions for other annuals/perennials.  I don't have any beds that are just all daylilies . I like to include good friends to compliment the daylily flower and to have something blooming when the daylilies are bloomed out.  Here are a few of my favorite  "good friends" photos. Click to make the photos larger.


Daylily MING PORCELAIN with Hydrangea Annabelle. I like the simplicity of this combination.


Daylily SABRA SALINA with Rudbeckia Goldsturm and a purple Echinacea.


EMPEROR'S BUTTERLY with Verbena Bonariensis a great filler plant.  An annual here but will self seed.


WIND FRILLS and a double pink  poppy that reseeds.

DESIGNER JEANS with Feverfew and the dark foliage in the background is Smoke Tree

2 comments:

gld said...

Bev, I agree that they make great companions for almost any plant.

I hope you keep showing your combos. They give me good ideas for moving some of mine around.

I love the Ming Porcelain daylily. The simpler they are, the more I admire them!

Anonymous said...

those are some nice friends that you have.
me