I used the same stamp but changed colors, made a one layer card and used scoring below the image instead of embossing. The Shells stamp by Inkadinkado is one of my favorite images and is easy to watercolor. I like the navy version but think the Coral Shells is my favorite of the two.
*****************************************
Like a lot of you our Spring has been unusually warm and most things are at least three weeks early in bloom. Here are a few pics I have taken recently of things blooming in the yard.
My dwarf iris have all bloomed out now; the blooms didn't seem to last as long this year. I have them planted along the patio steps where I can be sure and see them. Love their pretty purple color.
Too early in the season here to plant annuals but these Violas I found at our local Wal-Mart called my name and I bought these two containers. They are pretty hardy so should survive a frost if we get one.
Hope you enjoy the Spring photos.






13 comments:
Pretty!!!!
Your flowers are just beautiful. And your cards are too! You are very talented with putting the right colors and embellishments together.
Thanks, Cheryl. I haven't been stamping as much lately-a few health problems, then taxes and now spring cleanup time. Miss it, so will get back in the groove soon.
Bev, the cards are beautiful.
and so are the spring bloomers.
My poor bleeding heart is sort of buried between things and doesn't get as much appreciation as it deserves.
We are still too warm here too, and getting drier by the day.
Your garden is looking good, Bev, and a heck of a lot more flowery than my own! LOL
I didn't know SCS had a challenge where everyone was the featured stamper. How cool! I like the coral version of your card best, too. And what a coincidence that you and I both used a seashell stamp this weekend. :)
OH, Bev, such pretty flowers! I especially love the dwarf Iris. And I love the Helleborus from your previous post. There are some at the library and I always enjoy them when I go in and come out.
I almost forgot! I love the shells on the blue. The first card was beautiful too. Just changing the background color makes such a difference.
I like the changes you made to your card, Bev....the blue is so striking and I love the one layer design!!! Your flowers and bushes are all gorgeous....don't ya just love Spring!!!!!
Hi Bev! I love coming here and seeing your pictures - our bleeding hearts have hardly poked their heads out of the earth yet! The iris are shooting up but we've had several nights of frost so I hope they aren't damaged - and the forsythia is blooming - all way ahead of schedule due to 80 degree weather in March!! unheard of here in New England (well, actually the last several years have all had their share of 'unusual weather' - global changes I think!
anyhoo - I love both of your shell cards - your original perhaps looks a little more 'real life' but the blue one really pops!
Bev, your cards are both very pretty. You've got one for the sand and one for the ocean. Thank you for sharing the garden pics. You know I love them. We have all these things trying to bloom, but very heavy and constant rain makes quick work of every bloom that comes out. Not such a pretty spring yet.
Colleen-everyone being Featured Stamper was a one time thing, I think! :>)
Gorgeous cards!
Your flower pics are spectacular. I bet your garden is looking amazing now!!!!
Hi Bev! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I came to see if you've got any new pics of flowers in your yard. You'll have to show us what's blooming now! THere's surely quite a bit. :)
Post a Comment