Friday, December 17, 2010

RECYCLING - REPURPOSING

Last year we received a Christmas card that had three pretty green ornaments on it-in three sizes. I save all my cards and while looking through them this year I thought how pretty those ornaments would be recycled onto another card. I cut the three ornaments out and Presto!, well not that quick, but it didn't take long, to make three new Christmas cards.
The above card is brushed gold cardstock. I attached the large ornament, added gold cord for the hanger and added a sentiment in green ink. Since the ornament had a blueish edge I added a blue strip of cardstock and some gold metallic stick-ons.
I think this card has the feel of the Season. I used a green card base, matted with red and some pretty Paper Studio designer paper. Added a red sheer gold edged ribbon and the smallest of the ornaments with some gold cord.


This card also uses brushed gold card stock layered with red card stock and some beautiful Paper Studio ornament designer paper. Added the medium sized ornament with some gold cord.
I love how all three cards turned out using something I thought too pretty to throw away!
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!





9 comments:

Garden Sense said...

I love repurposing and you've done a beautiful job of turning a "throw away" into something memorable!

Anonymous said...

You done a great job love all three sister

gld said...

Works of art!

These cards impress me no end....

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are gorgeous! Fabulous way to recycle and share the beauty!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea to recycle your Christmas cards, Bev....making three gorgeous cards out of one is shear genius!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bev, these are all terrific! It looks like you used gold ep and Copics to do those ornaments. By the way, thanks for the kudos on my appointment to The Play Date Cafe! Check it out soon. We'd love to have you play there! Merry Christmas! (love that snowy pic at the top of your blog; your land?)

LeAnne said...

This is a great idea---I love being "green"!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs,
LeAnne
PS: Thank you for being such a faithful follower this year! ♥

Julia Aston said...

What great recycled cards Bev! a wonderful reuse of these lovely ornaments! Hope you had a blessed Christmas!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Bev! They're probably prettier than they were the first time around! Enjoy the remainder of the holidays!